So this is a crazy idea, right? We’ll be like the famous v-log brothers, John and Hank Green – only maybe not quite so famous…But I was thinking if we’re going to do this perhaps we need some sort of rules – like not bagging your mother on the internet, that kind of thing. So here’s a suggested plan:
Rules of Engagement:
- We will endeavour to be funny or moving or entertaining or write something that makes our readers go ah ha!
- We will commit to blogging regularly (three times a week you say? – let’s see how that goes)
- We will not abuse each other through this blog (you dirty so-and-so :))
- Even when we’re not talking to each other (or you’re not talking to me – hey, it happens – you’re a teenager remember?) we will still communicate via the blog.
- Without putting all our dirty laundry out in public (that’s a terribly old-fashioned saying that you may or may not have heard of) we will talk about our family life which brings me to this…
- We will refer to the other members of our household as follows: Dad will be Dad – not because I’m one of those painful women who call their husband ‘Dad’ but just for easy reference, your younger sibling who I like to call Baby Bear is still working on her non de plume and the dog, of course, is Pip.
- Include at least one photo with every post (people like pictures!) -> ->
- Please proof-read your posts before publishing – I have a thing about typos!
- Yes, you can try and teach me about YouTube and other netty stuff but I don’t guarantee to understand or like it!
- Remember to keep it nice 🙂 (er, in case you don’t get it that’s another reference to the mother bagging as mentioned above).
So, let me know what you think. Above all, let’s make this fun!
PS. A gorgeous reminder of our recent trip to the Andy Warhol exhibition.