Loved your last post, it made me smile 🙂 So while I’ve been sitting here waiting for something exciting (and big) to happen, it occurs to me that sometimes it’s worth taking the time to celebrate the small stuff.
I guess that’s one of the things I love most about being a Mum – the thousands of little gorgeous moments. To mention just a few recent ones:
- the OverAchiever coming first in the inter-school cross country. It wasn’t just the win, it was the determined look on her face watching her stride along with the next competitor some 100 metres in her wake. And then the hug she gave me after she finished.
- Watching you on the footy and soccer fields running your legs off.
- Hanging out with you after parent-teacher interviews at Oakdene where we shared an evil plate of chocolate churros and discussed options for your future.
- Playing kick-to-kick with you both in the park and making you laugh about my general state of fitness 😉
And some things that have made me really happy this week:
- I know it’s terribly desperate housewives of me but the new blinds. Yes, we now have plantation shutters in the bedroom which have replaced the mouldy oldies. And it’s a beautiful thing.
- Also, I just decided to enhance one of my character’s Sherlock Holme’s obsession and have found all these wonderful quotes to give him. Yay!
- My lovely yogi Mel sent me a free stretch app to help with my ailing shoulder.
Oh, and just decided today that I am going for my now annual pilgrimage to Brisbane in July for the CYA conference and also to hang out with my bestie!
Yep, life is grand!
Love you, Mum