I can’t believe I just read your post (which will be published on Thursday because you’re such a smarty-pants show-off even though you’re on camp) and am feeling a bit jelly about your amazing excerpts from your work-in-progress. As I have bitterly pontificated (look it up), this blog will be the means by which you, my dear, are discovered and I sound like the sad, aging hack….
Oh dear – that got a bit dark. A bit quick.
Yes, the Over-Achiever and I have been binge watching Merlin again. I know. Like some people, I should – given that I am the alleged real writer in the household – be working on my 50k novel. But I’m not. (I’m on my 25th draft of a junior novel if that counts :))
So, yes Merlin. For any readers not familiar with this amazing show – it’s a high concept fantasy BBC series based on the life of Prince Arthur and his trusty sidekick, the magician Merlin, before they became famous. And although it’s kind of pitched at kids, well – let me count the ways I love thee.
- I can’t believe it’s taken me until my third complete viewing of the series to discover that just about every episode has a scene with Arthur shirtless – ooh ah!
- There’s magic and that’s always cool.
- I love the bromancing thing between Arthur and Merlin.
- Ditto the humour/banter between Arthur and Merlin.
- I love the slow change in Morgana’s character in series 2 & 3. She becomes boring once she’s a thorough no-good baddie but when she’s sort of on shifting ground, I really like that.
- I love the relationship between Gaius and Merlin.
- Gwaine (even though he has an unfortunate name). And what is it with all the hot knights anyway?
- The bad-ass dragon.
- That Merlin’s secret magic name is Emirus – I know this sounds like an airline company – but it works in the show.
So there that’s me done and blogged.
Can’t wait to hear about your journey in the Otways!